A number of French and Spanish property investors have already discovered the delights of Morocco and because of the country's unique position as the closest exotic destination for Western Europeans, a growing international property investor interest is awakening in this stunning North African destination.
The property buying process in Morocco has improved in recent years creating more confidence in the whole sector, and as the Moroccan government are committed to preparing their economy for free trade with the US and EU, the long term prospects for Morocco's emerging investment real estate market sector are very positive.
The majority of current property investor interest is centred on the exciting Moroccan city of Marrakech. This city benefits from a unique blend of African, Spanish and French influences and is home to some stunning architecture, fabulous amenities and excellent attractions.
Why Invest In property in Morocco
Morocco is currently a unique location for property investors. You have an opportunity to purchase property early in an emerging market at very favourable prices compared to most other destinations in the Mediterranean region. What is unique about the property market in Morocco is the sense of security for investors. With tourism already improving at a fast rate and "buy to let" investors reporting 85% occupancy rates during the high season, Morocco feels like and indeed is a safe place to purchase property.
The Moroccan King Mohammed VI and the UAE have allocated huge investment into drastically increasing tourism further to a goal of 10 million per year by 2010. This investment along with several tax advantages also helps investors in feeling comfortable in investing in property in Morocco.
There are very few locations in the World that investors can look to invest at excellent prices and expect an immediate rental return with such high capital appreciation prospects.
These are the main reasons for investing in Morocco:
- Property prices are 50% less than in other European resorts
- Low cost of living. Experience a luxury lifestyle at small expense
- A booming property market
- Tax on any capital gains between 0% and 20%
- 0% Inheritance tax to family
- No annual property tax for first 5 years
- Rental occupancy reaching 85% most years during the Peak Season
- 70% mortgages available
- Huge project (Vision 2010) to increase tourism backed by King Mohammed and the UAE. Aiming to improve infrastructure and increase tourism by 10m visitors per year.
- Increased tourism generated by the Vision 2010 project will create huge requirement for rental accomodation
- Capital growth around 15% - 30% based on last year figures (30% Homes Overseas Magazine)
- Safe investment – Notary supervised property registration similar to France & Spain
- Beautiful sandy beaches
- Stunning Golf Courses, Tennis Clubs, Riding Clubs, Waterskiing, Sailing, Scuba diving, Hunting, Hiking, Camel treks, Culture.
- Mediterranean climate - Hot summers and mild winters
- French, Spanish & English widely spoken as well as traditional Arabic
- Site Seeing
- Costa del Sol is just 30 minutes away by hydrofoil from Tangiers
- Accessible (Tangiers) via helicopter, ferry, regular flights.
- Experience Moorish culture at its best
- Vision 2010 to provide new roads, marinas, trains, 5 star resorts, shopping malls, beach clubs
- Open skies policy activated on 1st Jan 2006 will allow low cost airlines to service Morocco and create competition lowering fares.